Consent Form & COVID Qustionnaire
The following terms & Conditions apply to all parents or guardians of any child attending swimming lessons organised by Snámh Linn. Please ensure you have read and understand the following.
Please be aware that you are using the facilities at your own risk.
Accepting our Terms and Conditions
- By booking a swimming lessson for your child with us, you accept these terms and conditions and they will form a binding contract between us.
- You will ensure that your child or any other children you bring to the swimming pool will follow the general swimming rules.
- We reserve the right to edit where necessary, our terms and conditions and will give adequate notice
- Private lessons are done on a 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 basis and are 30mins in duration, one day per week
- A class is held at the same time and day of the week each week.
- A term of lessons is 4 weeks.
- If you wish to continue after a term (4weeks) it must run concurrently to guarantee a place. Any break after a term (4weeks) will not guarantee you a place due to a waiting list.
- Payment for swimming lessons must be made on week one of the term or place/ places will be offered to the next on the waiting list.
- Payment for a new term if you wish to continue will be required on week 4 of the previous term.
- Snámh Linn has a general policy of no cash refunds.
- In the event of a cancellation with 24hrs notice, there will be €15 cancellation fee, without 24hours notice, the full cost of the lesson will be charged.
- In the event of two cancellations in 8 weeks full cost of the class will be charged.
- In exceptional circumstances, a credit may be given subject to approval.
- A decision as to whether to credit or not will be made within seven working days of a credit request.
- Lessons cannot be postponed or rescheduled. In order to encourage progression, we advise participants to maintain 100% attendance throughout the courses.
- In the case our facility is closed due to inclement weather or maintenance, your account will be credited for the classes cancelled.
Health and Safety Policy
- Parents must remain on the premises for the duration of the class.
- All children are encouraged to go to the toilet before the start of lessons. All children under the age of 9 years must be accompanied to the toilet by a parent.
- Children must not enter the water prior to the commencement of the class, and then only with the permission and under the supervision of the class teacher.
- Children feeling unwell or suffering from any infectious ailment should not attend swim lessons. Please see the list attached
- Any open sores should be covered adequately at all times.
- We encourage children to wear flip-flops to prevent the spread of infection
- Outdoor footwear is not permitted on the poolside – flip-flops / blue shoe covers must be worn at all times.
- Buggies or prams are not permitted at the poolside.
- Please adhere to the pool rules documented on signage around the pool. Lifeguards / teachers will enforce these rules and persistent disregard for pool rules will result in termination of a child from the Snámh Linn Swimming course.
- We encourage children to bring their own goggles and hat with them.
- The wearing of swimming caps during lessons is compulsory.
Contraindications / It is not safe to access the Hydrotherapy pool if you have/are:
- Acute vomiting or diarrhoea
- Medical instability following an acute episode (e.g. Stroke/ Blood Clot/ Clot in your lung/ uncontrolled asthma attack)
- Allergic to Chlorine
- Resting Angina
- Shortness of Breath at Rest
- Uncontrolled Heart failure/shortness of breath at night
- Weight in excess of the evacuation limit (25 stone)
- Fungal nail infections/verrucas
Precautions: all participants must be fit and able to take part in the swimming lessons
Please discuss with your GP prior to accessing the pool if you have any of the following:
- High temperature/acutely ill Risk of aspiration
- Irradiated skin following a course of Radiotherapy Prone to blackouts
- Known Aneurysm Thyroid deficiency
- Open Infected Wounds Oxygen dependency
- Poorly controlled epilepsy Renal failure
- Unstable diabetes Poor skin integrity/open wounds
- Fear of water Contact lenses/ conjunctivitis
- Incontinence of urine/faeces Hearing aids/grommets
- Haemophilia Impaired sensation/ vision/hearing
- Widespread MRSA Invasive tubes insitu
- Low blood pressure Sickle cell anemia
- Tracheostomy Insufficient thermoregulation
Hygiene Rules of Pool
- Showers should be taken before and after swimming
- Persons with any type of foot/skin infection must not use the pool until cleared to do so by their G.P.
- All swimmers should ensure that they use the toilet prior to using the pool.
- Children, not toilet trained must were swim nappies while in the pool, ordinary nappies are not allowed.
- No eating in or around the pool area.
- Chewing Gum is strictly forbidden in all parts of the pool area and surrounding area.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in all areas and grounds.
- Outdoor footwear is not allowed in the pool area, please bring footwear(flipflops) if going on deck, shoe covers will be provided.
- Please place litter, shampoo bottles, etc. in bins provided
- On entry to the pool, all areas can be slippery, especially the dressing rooms and deck area, as such, we advise everyone to move slowly to avoid slipping
- Our dressing rooms are mainly used by swimming groups, by their nature are usually wet, and as such extreme caution should be taken when moving through these areas.
- Persons who may be in need of assistance in our changing areas or in the pool area itself are advised that they must be accompanied by a helper at all times.
- Management is not responsible for accidents and loss or damage incurred while using the facility.
- While in the pool the following points of safety should be observed:
- No running on the deck
- No pushing, ducking or splashing
- No horseplay of any kind
- No screaming/No acrobatics/No jumping or diving in any part of Pool
The seats in dressing room areas are for sitting on. Please refrain from standing on seats as you may slip.
- Parents/carers must accept total responsibility for the Supervision and assistance of their child/adult in dressing rooms and while in the pool.
- The carer/client ratio is the responsibility of the group organiser who must also ensure that there is sufficient numbers of carers to each client.
- Parents/carers are expected to remain on site for the entire duration of the swimming session. Under no circumstances should children/adults be left waiting unsupervised prior to and following any swimming session particularly in the changing areas.
- Parking is at the owners’ own risk.
- Please drive slowly.
- Please park in the spaces provided.
- Please ensure you remain vigilant at all times as other patrons may be entering or leaving the property at the same time.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Orla Leddin – Proprietor/ Swimming Instructor