Swimming is a low-impact activity that increases physical fitness and stamina while also reducing muscle and joint tension. It has been regarded as one of the healthiest forms of exercise, requiring much less time to produce positive results than other disciplines.
Swimming has many advantages for people of all ages. It can enhance fitness, muscle tone, and reduce joint tension in people of all ages. Swimming is an excellent cardiovascular exercise that can range from low to high impact depending on how you move in the water.
Swimming is a safe and enjoyable sport that everyone should participate in. Swimming boosts health, and perhaps most importantly, equips you with a life skill that may save someone in danger.
Exercising in water produces a gentle resistance, regardless of the stroke you use, which engages the majority of your muscle groups as you pass through the water.
Advantages of Swimming
- Whole-body workout
- Raises your heart rate without putting your body under tension
- Tones muscles
- Improves fitness
- Swimming strengthens the heart and lungs.
- For people with, arthritis, injury, disability, other conditions that render high-impact workouts challenging, swimming may be a healthy workout choice.
- Swimming can also aid in the relief of pain or the speedy recovery of an injury.
- Swimming is an ideal sport for asthma sufferers. Not only that, but sports-related breathing exercises, such as holding your breath, will help you increase your lung capacity and maintain control over your breathing.
- Swimming is a great way to lose weight and burn calories.
- A lifesaving skill
- Suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- Safe during pregnancy
Children’s Swimming Lessons
With an individualised swimming programme, your child will receive undivided attention from an accomplished swimming instructor with Snámh Linn.
Adult Swimming Lesson
Everyone’s swimming ability is different, some people just want to be comfortable in the water for holidays whilst others want to go enjoy water sports.
Snámh Linn intensive weeklong swimming lessons allow swimmers to gain confidence and advance their skills in a short period of time.